Saturday, December 1, 2007

Loveable Toy Elephant, First Sock, Cirque Scarf

I finished a few little things in the past month. I knit this elephant for my son's first birthday from Last Minute Knitted Gifts using Caron Simply Soft and a bit of Bernat Satin Sport for the kerchief. He's so cute! I love him. The pattern was a bit iffy in spots, but just required a little intuition. I think it took me a lot longer than the book said it would, since I worked on it 20 minutes at a time!



Here's my first wearable sock! It's really comfy. I used Fleece Artist merino and the pattern on the ball band. It has a few errors in it, and the toe turned out all wonky, so I reknit it using the toe from the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I already have requests from my husband and mom to make them pairs of their own.







Finally, here's probably the last ever knitted novelty yarn scarf on the planet. :) It's really fluffy and sparkly. It took 3 balls of Muench Lucky I got uber cheap. It's my Cirque du Solei scarf, made specifically for the upcoming show I'm going to. I think it will be my 9th, if I'm not forgetting any. My husband and I are obsessed!

2 comments:

Uneeknitter said...

The elephant is really cute...saw the pic on the stash-a-long site. I am interested in what you modified in the pattern. Could you share? I really hate buying books and patterns for that very reason, they aren't always as well written as you would think.

Janet said...

I'm glad you liked it! I had trouble figuring out how to pick up the stitches at the trunk and I ended up with some holes around it. I went back after the elephant was done and wove yarn through the holes to cover them up. Also, the seed stitch for the ears wasn't written in the correct pattern. I've found that this book has some pretty iffy directions in general. However, the patterns are very pretty and I'd definitely make another stuffed animal from it, so I guess the results are worth it. Hope this helps!