Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Isobel Vest

My most recent FO is French Girl's Isobel Vest in Rowan Biggy Print #235. The actual knitting I completed a couple months ago, but I finally managed to do the finishing work. It can take me awhile, because I pretty much hate finishing. I think it turned out pretty good, and I really couldn't tell how it would look on until I put the tie on the back. That let me see how to position the buttons. Mine looks a little different from the original because I made it extra long (I'm 5'9"), and I'm still breastfeeding, so I have a little something extra on top. :) Plus, I wanted it a little further away from my neck, to distract from my two chins. The only trouble I had was doing the provisional cast-on the pattern called for; I kept ending up with way too many stitches. I basically knitted most of the body twice, since the first time it actually fit my husband, who's a men's XXL. We had a good laugh over that one. Here's the pictures, taken in a Japanese garden.





No comments: